Welcome to my blog.

Hi! My name is Sherdonna, and I am so glad you are here. I am an independent singer-songwriter in St. Louis, Missouri. I have been wanting to create a space to share more personally about my journey and things I am learning or unlearning along the way. I kept putting it off and putting it off because I did not have the right "plan" for it. Very quickly, a year and a half passed and still nothing.  Last night, I was talking with a long-time friend, and she said, "Sherdonna, just do it. Sometimes you have to just do it and figure it out as you go." So, here we are in this new endeavor.

I am a woman in process with far more questions than answers, and this is a space where I will let you in on some of that process. My hope is that as you spend time here you might leave feeling glad you came, and a little less-alone in this journey through the haze that we are all on.

A few things about me: I am a wife, a mother to 3 adult/teenage sons, a mother-in-law to a beautiful daughter-in-law, and a soon to be grandmother. I seek to find beauty in the ordinary of everyday life. I find my soul in nature and have the tendency to hug trees. I am currently working on songs for a new album that I am both excited and scared to death about. I also have a full time day job working as an office and research assistant in an Occupational Therapy research lab. At the end of the day I am just trying to show up as myself in my own skin and be faithful with what I have been given for today. This is an attempt to do just that.


Thank you for being here.


XOXO,

Sherdonna 

Comments

Cindy S said…
Love this!! ❤️ Cindy
Unknown said…
Way to go, Sherdonna!! I look forward to reading more xoxo
Unknown said…
Looking forward to your 5oughts - and more music!
Katie Polski said…
Love this...and love the title
Tony said…
So, for those of us who are lazy, will you consider adding a "subscribe by email" option?
LindseyB3girls said…
So thankful to you for taking this leap and sharing your thoughts and life!!
Unknown said…
Great to see, I hope you enjoy this as much as you enjoy your music.
Unknown said…
This is awesome Sherdonna!! Congratulations on continuing to follow your dreams!
Unknown said…
It's so good to hear from you again. Your word has been missed. I'm so happy for you in so many ways. Many blessings to you and your new album. Your music is always inspiring. I'm leasoning.
莎拉 said…
Hi Sherdonna! Look forward to hearing about your journey. I also have so many things I wanna do but they are constantly pushed off because of the lack of time :P I should just do it as well :) by Szu-Wei
Larry E Stephey said…
Glad you are adding your voice here.
Todd Denholm said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thank you all for your encouraging words! It means so much!! I hope this is a space you will enjoy coming back to. If you are not already on my mailing list I'd love to have you on board. There is a subscribe tab at the bottom of the page. And the comment deleted from Todd Denholm (my husband :) was actually me. I did not know I was signed in as him. He didn't leave an inappropriate comment or anything ;-) ha!
Tony said…
Too bad you had to delete that comment from that guy. Happy 20th to you two!
David Gill said…
I'm really excited to read what you have to offer. <3

Sign up to receive bi-monthly emails from me

Name

Email *

Message *